Tuesday, April 05, 2022

The 14:36 min Run that Earns $200

 


Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) is a key aspect of National Service in Singapore to assess the fitness level of full-time and operationally ready NSmen.

As Singaporean sons, IPPT is either an annual national service liability to attempt and pass it or rather an opportunity to reap some monetary rewards from acing it.

For the past decade, I have been seeing this as an annual affair to earn back some money from taxes for my war chest to cover some brokerage costs for buying stocks. This is despite me being an unfit guy who rarely exercise or go for runs.

I have failed my IPPT marginally last year with 49 points. See: Took my IPPT today

Today I attempt my IPPT again in this window, before going for booster jab soon and refrain from exercising for 1 month before birthday, after which the new IPPT window will start.

I did 30 push ups and 35 sit ups, clocking 38 points for static stations in my uncle age group 6.

I need 16 points from 2.4km run to pass with 51 points or 23 points to pass with 61 points for $200 reward.

I risked my weak uncle heart to run 14:36 mins.

This is kind of slow considering I was able to run below 11 mins when I was teen 20 years ago.

Nevertheless, $200 in da bank via Paynow instantly!

I passed my IPPT with 61 points!


For the past 2 months, I exercised 3 times a week doing static exercises at home to build up my stamina but did not went out for running at all. 

I am happy with the result despite ending up with cramps, aches all over body but it's worth it. 

Thanks for reading.

As always, stay safe and remain strong.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster

No comments: