Saturday, April 02, 2022

CPF Full Retirement Sum Attained!

 


After the CPF contribution for my Mar 2022 income was credited, below are my CPF account balances.

My CPF SA has surpassed $192k!!! 

$192k is the CPF full retirement sum in 2021.

Hence, officially I have achieved this important milestone of FRS.

My CPF SA will be able to compound automatically at 4% to beat future FRS figures, assuming FRS increase at below 4% rate perpetually.

This will guarantee that I will be able to withdraw excess CPF savings above FRS from my CPF when I turn age 55 in 2 decades time.

Although I am happy to have conquered this feat, I am disappointed that I will no longer be able to participate in Retirement Sum Top-Up into my CPF SA from next year onwards.

This will result in lesser tax relief and hence paying more taxes to IRAS.

After all, paying too much taxes is a rich man woe, which is still financially better than not earning enough income for spending nor being eligible to pay tax.

I hope to share about how I managed to hit CPF FRS in mid 30s in a future blog post soon. Do stay tuned.

Thanks for reading.

As always, stay safe and remain strong.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Qiongster! How did you gather so much in your OA also ?! Looking forward to learn more about your CPF strategy :)

Cheers,
P

Qiongster said...

Thank you P. Hope to share soon.

Cheers.

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the next article.

Qiongster said...

I shall try to post tmr.

Cheers.

kevin said...

Sweet! Congrats!

Qiongster said...

Thanks Kevin!

Cherry said...

Congrats! Hope to hit the same achievement by mid 30s too!

Qiongster said...

Thanks Cherry! You will do it too!

Drifter said...

Can I take out my money from the CPF ?

Qiongster said...

Can you use your CPF money to pay property, hospital and invest?

wckk said...

Congratulations on your achievements. Hope to learn how you attain such a high sum in your CPF OA too.

Qiongster said...

Thanks wckk!

Anonymous said...

I believe there's a typing error....isn't it the SA earning 4% interest and not the OA?

Qiongster said...

Thanks for spotting the typo. Has rectified it.

Henry said...

Wow how did you do it? Super high income or through top ups? Share lah. :)

Qiongster said...

Hi Henry, I shared it in my latest post.

Anonymous said...

How much savings you have and SRS

Qiongster said...

Hi Anonymous, I shared my latest net worth update here: https://liverichlifefree.blogspot.com/2022/03/net-worth-update-mar-2022.html

Unknown said...

For lower income...doesn't have that much In OA..including MA..someone doesn't fall sick...can recommend Me good medicine/supplements for heath...hospital fees expensive...

Qiongster said...

Break free of the poverty mindset and switch to an abundance mindset. Work on more and higher income. The best things in life are free - exercise, vitamin d from sun, minerals and vitamins from fruits and vegetables. Prevention is better than cure.

Anonymous said...

Wow at 35... that's very commendable

Qiongster said...

Thank you. Everyone can do it too!