Saturday, September 11, 2021

Took my IPPT today

I attempted my Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) today.

I failed marginally. This is a great wake up call that my fitness level is not up to par.

For fit Singaporean sons, this is either an annual national service liability to attempt and pass it or rather an opportunity to reap some monetary rewards from acing it.

Nothing to feel ashamed of for a mid 30s young uncle whose legs have been used to shaking while sitting on chair during WFH instead of running on the ground.

I am able to do some standard push-ups and sit-ups slowly but have no stamina to sustain the 2.4km run. I still manage to complete the run though. 

I feel like a turtle on the track while running with young men at least a decade younger.

Below are my results. 


Nevertheless, I should still receive some NS allowance as a consolation for attendance.

I should repent by starting to train running and build up my stamina.

It is important to have great health, wealth and fitness. We cannot enjoy life if we lack either.

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and remain strong,

With love & peace,
Qiongster




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh ... They also took away the shuttle run? I know no more pull ups or broad jump.

As long no RT still ok.

In the old days, as part of reservist combat battalion, we had to achieve silver standard in order to just pass. And no monetary award somemore. :(

Those who don't get basic bronze pass for non-combat vocation or silver for combat vocation will get tekan with RT which was 1 weekday evening & 1 weekend morning of army PT. Progressed to 2 weekday + 1 weekend if still cannot pass.

Many buddies I know got either affected in their jobs (coz need to knock off early to report at 5.30pm) or kena charged for skipping attendance.

Glad I spent some money to get downgraded out of reservist after putting in my 2.5 years.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel dismayed by the first set of results.
The great thing is, fitness can be trained and built up.
Give yourself 2 or 3 months of good real training, and when u tackle ur 2.4km again, I am sure u will fly :)
Fitness is purely personal, and if U train for it, only U and ur family can reap the real benefits, like better health, less worry for ur loved ones and better confidence all around (",).
Jiayou and God bless!

Qiongster said...

Ok thanks for the advice.

Qiongster said...

Now ippt has no more shuttle runs, pull ups and broad jump. Push ups and sit ups can easily train nowadays. As I was recalled for reservist late, i am prepared to take ippt and serve all the way to 40. Thank for comments.