Sunday, September 12, 2021

Making voluntary housing refund to CPF OA


I have made another voluntary housing refund to my CPF OA account today.

I decided to refund cash into my CPF OA account as I do not like the idea of accrued interests incurred on withdrawn savings from CPF OA account for property payments. 

The accrued interests are rightfully money supposedly to be paid by the government to our own savings for retirement. Just because we gave ourselves a personal loan from retirement funds, the interests are forgone, accrued and will be deducted from the proceeds of property sale in future.

I like to borrow money from myself, and pay back myself whenever and however I feel like it, at maximal levels of freedom and flexibility. This voluntary housing refund is a great scheme which aligns with my interests.

Below shows the current amount used for property down-payment in my CPF OA account.


There it goes after I cleared the disposable cash in my OCBC savings account. The good thing is I can refund any amount I like, up to the maximum of amount withdrawn for property, including accrued interest.


See my earlier posts on booking and paying down-payment for a HDB BTO property.

Refer to the step-by-step guides from CPFB for more details on how to make voluntary housing refund to your own CPF OA account:

• Make a Housing Refund with Cash (eNETS)
• Make a Housing Refund with Cash (PayNow QR)

Thanks for reading, As always, stay safe and remain strong,

With love and peace,
Qiongster

No comments: