Friday, October 15, 2021

Added CICT at no brokerage cost

I shared the 5 reasons why I nibble CICT everyday from 17 Sep to 15 Oct 2021 for 21 trading days.

I have completed the addition of 2,000 shares of CICT to my portfolio today, at no brokerage cost.

I practically continue nibbling at various different prices everyday since my last time of writing on 4 Oct.








I am happy with purchases below $2.06 and not so happy with purchases above $2.06 because $2.06 is the book value of CICT.

Is it worth the effort?

I asked myself if it is worth the hassle and effort to place buy orders for so small quantity everyday just to save $20+ of brokerage fees.

In total, I paid $4,127.45 for 2,000 shares of CICT. This translates to an average price of $2.06 coincidentally at its book value.

If I had purchased 2,000 shares of CICT at $2.01 on 17 Sep, it would have cost $4,048.85, which is $78.60 lower than my actual cost.

If I had purchased 2,000 shares of CICT at $2.05 on 7 Oct, it would have cost $4,128.88, which is $1.43 more than my actual cost.

If I had purchased 2,000 shares of CICT at $2.14 on 15 Oct at the time of writing, it would have cost $4,308.95, which is $181.50 more than my actual cost.

Conclusion

If I had timed the market, or based on technical analysis, just purchase CICT below its book value, it would have saved all the time and effort from dollar cost averaging daily from the odd lot market.

Nonetheless, this has been a fruitful and fun mini project and experiment. 

I do believe that CICT is a great income producing Reit to invest for the long term into high quality commercial and retail properties in Singapore. It does not really matter at what price we pay for it today because we would easily collect back at least $1k of dividends passively for the next 10 years for every 1000 shares owned.

Thanks for reading. As always, stay safe and remain strong.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster

No comments: