Thursday, May 20, 2021

Order not filled for Mapletree Industrial Trust but...

Mapletree Industrial Trust (SGX:ME8U) announced its plan to acquire 29 data centers in the United States on 20 May 2021.


This is a strategic and shrewd move as the properties are situated across 18 states in US on freehold land and riding on the waves of cloud computing, e-commerce, e-payments, big data analytics, online gaming, video streaming, social networking, the rollout of 5G networks, proliferation of Internet of Things, autonomous vehicles and artificial intelligence.

By coincidence, this move was announced days after my attempt to add shares of MIT failed. I wanted to increase the exposure to data centers in my investment portfolio as my current holdings in MIT and KDC are not significant enough. 


Hence, I am happy to see that this acquisition will be funded by a mixture of private placement to institutional investors and preferential offering to existing shareholders at price range of $2.57 to $2.64. Since I was already prepared to pay $2.63 to add shares of MIT, I would definitely subscribe at least 3,000 shares.


Below are the important dates.


Related posts:
3. A Reit that I do not dare to sell again

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and be strong as always. 

With love & peace, 
Qiongster


No comments: