Thursday, December 10, 2020

Added Mapletree Industrial Trust

I initiated a small position of 3,000 shares in Mapletree Industrial Trust after cutting losses on Starhub back in June 2020. See post: Portfolio Rebalancing: Cut Starhub Buy MIT

I have also explained why MIT is a Reit I do not dare to sell again.

As the share price of Mapletree Industrial Trust has weakened in recent weeks, it presented decent opportunity to add shares.

I decided to add a little more to make it 5,000. My strategy nowadays is to nibble bit by bit to steadily build up positions in good businesses or Reits, in a way using dollar-cost averaging. 

While I sometimes do look at technical charts to find good entry opportunities, as a long-term investor, I am not too concerned about short-term volatility unlike a full-time trader.



Although the share price of MIT has retraced more than 20% to $2.80s since its high of $3.37 in Sep 2020, to be honest, it is still not attractive enough to throw everything in including the kitchen sink. However, as MIT owns a resilient asset class offering 4% yield in today's low interest environment, it would be hard to be patient prudent and wise to add some shares first while waiting for it to drop.

I believe investing is a continual and gradual process. I will continue to invest in slowly and steadily instead of speculating and timing the market.

Thanks for reading.

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: