The total amount of dividends collected in Q3 2026 is S$11,866.77, a 1.8% decrease YoY from Q3 2025's S$12,084.30.
Despite the year-on-year decline, I am satisfied with the progress of my passive-income portfolio. Dividend income continues to form an important part of my overall investment strategy, with the majority of my income coming from Singapore-listed dividend stocks, REITs and bonds.
Here is the breakdown of my passive income collected during Q3 2026:
| Date | Investment | Amount |
|---|---|---|
| 1 Jul | SSB | S$244.50 |
| 1 Jul | SSB | S$300.00 |
| 1 Jul | SSB (SRS) | S$162.50 |
| 3 Aug | SSB | S$239.25 |
| 3 Aug | SSB | S$139.05 |
| 11 Aug | Astrea 9A1 PE Bond | S$185.46 |
| 25 Aug | DBS | S$810.81 |
| 25 Aug | DBS (SRS) | S$648.00 |
| 27 Aug | IREIT | S$119.31 |
| 28 Aug | Ascott REIT | S$253.20 |
| 28 Aug | Suntec REIT | S$100.00 |
| 28 Aug | OCBC (SRS) | S$2,350.00 |
| 28 Aug | UOB | S$880.00 |
| 31 Aug | ComfortDelGro (SRS) | S$195.50 |
| 1 Sep | SSB | S$150.50 |
| 1 Sep | SSB | S$149.05 |
| 1 Sep | SSB | S$138.00 |
| 2 Sep | Wilmar (SRS) | S$75.00 |
| 7 Sep 8 Sep | Mapletree Ind Trust Ascendas REIT | S$808.60 S$444.11 |
| 9 Sep | CapitaLand China Trust | S$261.83 |
| 15 Sep | Keppel REIT (SRS) | S$486.79 |
| 16 Sep | MPACT | S$392.00 |
| 16 Sep | Mapletree Logistics Trust | S$397.32 |
| 18 Sep | Keppel DC REIT (SRS) | S$685.68 |
| 23 Sep | AIMS APAC REIT (DRP) | S$831.99 |
| 25 Sep | CICT | S$418.32 |
| Total | S$11,866.77 |
Together with the S$21,486.93 passive income collected in the first half of 2026, my passive income in the first 9 months of 2026 is now:
S$33,353.70
This puts me S$3,353.70 above the S$30,000 milestone, and I am on track to achieve my target of S$42,000 passive income for 2026.
With one quarter still remaining, I need another S$9,454.91 in passive income to hit my S$42,000 target.
Building Multiple Streams of Passive Income
One thing I appreciate about my portfolio is that the passive income doesn't come from just one source.
This quarter, I collected income from SSBs, bonds, banks, REITs and dividend-paying companies.
The largest individual contributor was OCBC, which paid S$2,350 into my SRS account.
DBS contributed another S$1,458.81 across my regular and SRS holdings, while UOB contributed S$880.
The REIT portfolio also continued to generate meaningful cash flow, with distributions from IREIT, Ascott REIT, Suntec REIT, Ascendas REIT, CapitaLand China Trust, Keppel REIT, MPACT, Mapletree Logistics Trust, Keppel DC REIT, AIMS APAC REIT and CICT.
I also received interest from my Singapore Savings Bonds and Astrea 9A1 PE Bond.
I like having this diversification because different assets generate income at different times of the year.
Rather than relying on a single dividend payer, I am gradually building a portfolio where the cash flow is spread across multiple businesses and asset classes.
My options premiums are excluded from this passive income update as I deemed options trading as a part-time job requiring slight effort.
My tax-free dividends and options premiums easily surpass my active income from taxable and CPF-deductible salary. hence making early retirement an imminent reality rather than a distant goal. The foundation is set, the cash flow is proven, and the journey now is simply about maintaining discipline while enjoying the freedom it provides.
SRS Continues to Play an Important Role
Some of the dividends this quarter were received through my SRS portfolio.
In particular, the S$2,350 OCBC dividend, S$648 DBS dividend, S$195.50 ComfortDelGro dividend, S$486.79 Keppel REIT distribution and S$75 Wilmar dividend were received through SRS.
I continue to see SRS as an important component of my long-term wealth-building strategy.
The objective isn't simply to maximise the amount of money in SRS. Rather, I want the assets inside the account to eventually generate meaningful income while benefiting from the tax advantages of the SRS framework.
Over time, these dividends can be reinvested and compounded into an increasingly larger income-producing portfolio.
Time in the Market Beats Timing the Market
The investment philosophy remains unchanged:
Time in the market beats timing the market.
There will always be market corrections, recessions, geopolitical concerns and headlines predicting the next crash.
Trying to perfectly time every market move is extremely difficult.
In the long term, I am happy to remain primarily invested locally in SGX dividend stocks and REITs for passive income, while maintaining exposure to US technology stocks for capital growth.
The two sides of the portfolio serve different purposes.
My Singapore investments provide recurring cash flow.
My US technology holdings provide exposure to businesses with potentially stronger long-term growth.
I don't expect every investment to perform the same way every year. What matters is that the portfolio as a whole continues moving towards my long-term objectives.
Looking Ahead to Q4
I look forward to collecting more dividends and distributions in the final quarter of 2026.
At the same time, I will remain on the sidelines for great investment opportunities to acquire more income-producing assets and businesses.
There is no need to force an investment simply because I have cash available.
If valuations are attractive, I will deploy capital.
If markets become expensive, I am happy to wait.
Patience is part of investing.
Existentialism
My mission is simple: financial freedom with existentialism.
I direct my money with purpose. I invest to build assets that generate future cash flow or with growth potential, but I no longer view life purely through the lens of strict minimalism or future accumulation.
Life is finite. Remembering memento mori means understanding that time is the one asset I can never buy back. I embrace intentional splurges and small daily luxuries that bring genuine joy today, without guilt and without compromising my broader vision. This isn't about aimless consumerism—it's about living meaningfully in the present while securing the future.
Ultimately, I invest to buy true sovereignty:
Freedom of Time: Spending my hours on what truly matters.
Freedom of Money: Living unburdened by financial anxiety.
Freedom of Location: Achieving complete mobility and flexibility.
I work because I choose to, not because I have to.
I know market noise, volatility, and temporary distractions will always exist. I don't need to react to every cycle. I simply need to remain disciplined, accumulate quality assets, let compounding work over time, and balance future security with rich everyday experiences.
Time in the market beats timing the market.
The journey continues.
Thanks for reading.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and is not financial advice. Readers should conduct their own research and consult with a financial professional before making any investment decisions.

No comments:
Post a Comment