Saturday, October 14, 2023

Net Worth Update Oct 2023

My net worth dips to S$1.499m for Oct 2023.

This is after savings from salary, CPF contributions and dividends collected.

CPF constitutes the bulk 37% of my net worth. I have already achieved full retirement sum in CPF SA and topped up my Medisave account to the basic healthcare sum of $68.5k early this year.

Cash and war chest constitute 18% of my wealth. In the current high rate environment, my cash is being stashed away in bank fixed deposits yielding more than 3% p.a., in Fullerton cash funds under custody of Moomoo and Tiger Broker, and in Money Market Funds held by Phillips Capital yielding around 3.5% p.a. with interest paid daily.

Together with 9% of my risk-free Singapore Savings Bonds ($110k) and relatively low-risk Astrea 7A PE bond ($9k), CPF, cash and war chest amount to 64% of my net worth as safe assets. I intend to subscribe to the coming Nov 23 tranche of SSB with average yield of 3.32%.

Stocks and Reits constitute 22% of my net worth. Together with SRS account which forms 8% and are deployed mainly into local stocks and Reits, they are the 30% of riskier assets in my financial portfolio.

Life is exciting in a post pandemic world. Ignore the noises. Remain on track. Be greedy when others are fearful. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be contented when others are hungry. 

Thank you for reading. Stay focused and remain steadfast as always!

With love & peace,
Qiongster

3 comments:

Mozi said...

Curious how you amassed $500+k in CPF at age 30+. You did lots of top up yourself? Or you have midas touch for all your CPF investments?

Mozi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Qiongster said...

I transferred funds from OA to SA early and made lots of top-up to SA. I never invested CPF at all.