Saturday, August 12, 2023

Net Worth Update Aug 2023



I have been busy lately as I took a week off to paint my home.

Let me provide a quick update on my net worth which increases slightly from last month.

The positive contributions from salary, CPF savings and dividends in the past weeks have been offset by declines in the market values of my investment portfolios due to fears on uncertain interest rate hikes and lingering recession on unwavering inflation news.

CPF savings still form the bulk 37% of my net worth. I have already achieved full retirement sum in CPF SA and topped up my Medisave account to the basic healthcare sum of $68.5k early this year.

My cash and war chest constitute 18% of my net worth. In the current high interest environment, my cash is being stashed away in bank fixed deposits yielding more than 3% p.a., in Fullerton cash funds under custody of Moomoo and Tiger Broker, and in Money Market Funds held by Phillips Capital yielding around 3.5% p.a. with interest paid daily.

Together with 7% of my risk-free Singapore Savings Bonds ($110k) and relatively low-risk Astrea 7A PE bond ($9k), CPF, cash and war chest total to 62% of my net worth as safe assets.

My stocks and Reits constitute 24% of my net worth. Together with SRS account which forms 8% and are deployed mainly into local stocks and Reits, they are the 32% of riskier assets in my financial portfolio.

My target net worth by the end of 2023 is S$1.5m and an annual passive income of S$22k.

Life is exciting in a post pandemic world. Ignore the noises. Remain on track. Be greedy when others are fearful. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be contented when others are hungry. 

Thank you for reading. Stay focused and remain steadfast as always!

With love & peace,

No comments: