Saturday, November 19, 2022

Net Worth Update Nov 2022 | Rebounds $20k

 

S$1.32m


My net worth rebounds $20k or 1.8% to $1.32m.

The rebound of my net worth is mainly due to recovery of Reits in my portfolios in past weeks after reduced interest rate hike fears from cooling in US inflation report, together with savings from this month's salary, last month's CPF contributions and some dividends received.

Another interest rate hike of 0.25% to 0.75% is in the pipeline by the Fed on 14 Dec to curb unwavering inflation and hence will allow interest rate to remain in the 4+% range till at least early 2023.

I plan to subscribe for the next few months of Singapore Savings Bonds, which should yield above 3% and close to 4% on average for the next decade. Ultimately, I hope to max out personal limit of $200k.

I will slow the pace of adding high quality S-Reits or growth tech stocks into my investment portfolios as the stock markets remain weak and volatile despite signs of stabilizing recently.

I am contemplating to end my crypto exploratory journey after witnessing the recent fall of crypto exchanges and recognizing that cryptos are unbacked currencies unlike national currencies which are backed by a country's reserves. My maiden investment of $500 in Crypto.com tokens and some alt coins is now left with less than $100 which are peanuts that I have written off my net worth long time ago just like how Temasek wrote off US$275m.

I believe in building a conservative, well balanced portfolio for my financial assets and is very comfortable with hoarding cash to earn decent risk-free interest rates around 4% while waiting for greater opportunities to invest in income-producing assets and growth tech businesses. My allocation of cash (18%)/risk-free bonds (6%)/CPF(38%) to equities (23%)/SRS equities (8%) ratio is around 62-31, which provides a rather huge safety net.

Life is exciting in an endemic world. Ignore the noises. Remain on track. Be greedy when others are fearful. We will get to our goals and dreams. En route to financial freedom!

Thanks for reading. Stay focused and remain steadfast as always!

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: