Saturday, October 15, 2022

Net Worth Update Oct 2022 | Plunges $22k!


S$1.296m


My net worth falls $22k or 1.6% to $1.296m despite collecting my Oct 22 salary, Sep 2022 CPF contributions and more dividends from my SGX income portfolio.

The sharp decrease was evidently due to the tanking of Reits in my portfolios past few weeks from immense inflation and further interest rate hike fears.

Cash is King and is indeed a great performing asset in a high interest rate environment.

I have deployed my war chest into Fullerton SGD Cash Fund by Moomoo yielding more than 2.5% and into Money Market Fund by Phillips Capital yielding around 2%.

Cash is still King!

I plan to subscribe for the next few months of Singapore Savings Bonds, which should hopefully still yield more than 3% on average for the next decade.

I continue to add high quality S-Reits into my SGX income portfolio to build up free cash flows in the future.

The remaining 3 months of year 2022 remains challenging and turbulent. Another 2 rounds of 0.75% to 1% interest rate are on the cards of the Fed to curb unwavering inflation, causing the stock markets to remain volatile and unpredictable.

I believe in building a well balanced portfolio for my financial assets. As much as I would like to hold cash to earn risk-free decent interest rates close to 4%, I also embrace risk by staying invested (using monies I do not need) in income-producing assets and growth tech businesses. My allocation of cash/risk-free bonds to equities ratio is around 45-55, which is rather conservative.

Continue to hoard some cash while investing for more passive income. Both Cash and Cashflow are Kings! Continue making our monies work harder and own more income producing assets for more cashflow! Own more streams of income besides from our salaried job.

Life is great in an endemic world. Ignore the noises. Remain on track. Be greedy when others are fearful. We will get to our goals and dreams. En route to financial freedom!

Thanks for reading. Stay focused and remain steadfast as always!

With love & peace,
Qiongster

2 comments:

Karen MintonBlock.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You are a TOP 10 Financial Blogger in Singapore.