Saturday, April 17, 2021

Net Worth Update Apr 2021

My net worth increases $10k from Mar 2021 to $1.072m.

This is despite not receiving a single cent of salary in Apr 2021 as I have just changed job and the payroll system in the new organization has not been updated on time to pay me. I still received the last CPF contributions from previous organization for the month of Mar 2021 though.

The increase in net worth is mainly due to strengthening of share prices of stocks in my portfolio. Battered property developers such as OUE, Guocoland, Far East Orchard as well as marine and energy players such as Sembcorp Marine and Sembcorp Industries have seen their share prices creeping up steadily. My largest REIT holdings, Aims Apac Reit and Ascendas Reit have also demonstrated their true powers and repaid my faith and loyalty to them.

As I did not receive any cash from salary income this month, cashflow is tight as most of my cash and war chest are stuck in fixed deposits and trading accounts, leaving barely a few hundred bucks in my savings account for daily expenses. A millionaire is living a beggar lifestyle now.

I look forward to receiving my next month's salary from the new organization, as well as encashment of leave from previous organization, and the upcoming streams of dividends from stocks and Reits to be announced soon. Then my cash levels and war chest can be boosted for my daily expenditures and new investments.

While being tempted to take some profits off the table, I am still convinced of being patient and long in the stock market by doing nothing. In recent weeks, I have not really monitored the financial markets as I am putting my attention and focus on my new work, dealing with an overload of new information, processes, people and technology. I am also trying to find some time to exercise more. A three-pronged approach in managing financial, intellectual and physical health is key to sustaining a rich life!

Life is beginning to slowly return back to normality with more measures for more staff to return back to office, relaxed regulations for travelling and more people getting vaccinated against the virus. In time to come, we will gradually revert back to pre-Covid lifestyles and by then, the economy will recover and we shall see better days ahead!

$1.072m


Thanks for reading.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster

2 comments:

Tom said...

You have an impressive CPF balance at 35 Qiongster. Curious if you currently own a property? I enjoyed reading your posts (came across your blog while surfing around). All the best for your FIRE journey!

Qiongster said...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for supporting my blog! I am just talking to myself and journaling my financial journey. I did not own a property and in my early working days, I cheated by transferring CPF OA monies into SA for higher interest. All the best in your financial journey too.

With love and peace,
Qiongster