Monday, February 15, 2021

First Time Staying in a Hotel in Singapore | YotelAir Changi Airport Jewel

Today I checked out of a hotel in Singapore for the first time in my life! 

Although I have stayed in many hotels during past travels around neighbouring Asian countries, it is the first time I did so locally as I have never gone for any staycation in the past. 

I booked a Premium Queen Cabin Room in YotelAir, Changi Airport Jewel for around $140 last year and offset using my mum's SingapoRediscover $100 vouchers. A damage of $40 for me to have a feel of the experiences of transit and stranded travellers, as well as enjoying minimalism at its very best.



I checked in around 3pm on CNY Day 3, Valentine's day with Ms Doraemon and the queue was not very long.


It took around 25 mins to check in and get into the room. 


Greeted by purple illuminated room after opening the door, the cabin room is very small but cosy. It comes with a decent toilet and bathroom. 



It comes with bare essentials for a solo or couple traveller to wash up, rest before heading on to other travel destinations or after a long flight to Singapore. 




The hotel comes with a lounge having views to the fountain in Jewel but it no longer serves food and drinks after Covid.




YotelAir embraces the use of technology with self check-in kiosks and robots to deliver food and drinks for room service but I am not sure if still they are still in operation. 


Overall, the stay was decent as the beds and pillows were comfy. Most of my time was spent lazing on the bed watching TV chrome casting YouTube, sleeping and eating after hanging around in Jewel. 

Without the subsidy from the SingapoRediscover voucher, I would not stay in such a cabin room though as it is only a 3 star hotel offering small sized rooms in the airport with minimal facilities such as a small gym which was closed, a small lounge area and no swimming pool. 

Nonetheless, it was a great experience to have lived in hotel in the world's best airport for 1 night. 

Thanks for reading. Happy Niu Year! Stay safe and strong like the bulls. MOO! 

With love & peace, 
Qiongster


No comments: