Monday, August 31, 2020

Portfolio Update Aug 2020

Portfolio value increases to $197k due to buying back of Frasers Centrepoint Trust and Mapletree Industrial Trust which were sold last month.

While industrial Reits remained sluggish and corrected slightly, retail Reits of the likes of Capmall Trust and Suntec Reit actually recovered to negate the losses from Ascendas Reit.

The property developers in my portfolio remained stagnant other than Guocoland which rose to reflect the 6 cents dividends announced.

I have received $1.2k of dividends in Aug and they go into my war chest.


SRS portfolio inches up $1.8k to $69.8k due to slight recovery from Comfortdelgro and SATS. ST Engineering reported a decent set of results to prove its resiliency and managed to maintain an interim dividend of 5 cents. 

I have opted for script dividend at $7.81 for the upcoming OCBC dividends as OCBC will be an ultra long term investment for up to 30 years and I am happy to make use of scrip dividend to achieve the dividend reinvestment compounding effect.

The local stock market remains weak and sluggish regardless of S&P 500 and DJI hitting new highs. I look forward to and hope that it continues to remain weak until the rest of the year so that I can still add on more Reits and bank counters to my portfolio at decent valuations. I will stick to my plan of staying invested while continuing to add on to my investments to achieve greater passive income for the future.

Stay safe and thanks for reading.

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: