Thursday, April 16, 2020

Net Worth Rebounded Towards SGD 900k in Apr 2020

After the battering in Mar 2020, my net worth rebounded strongly this month. This is due to the rebound in the stock market as well as the latest round of cashflows from active income, bonuses which was contributed to SRS for investment and CPF contributions.


Ever since my net worth inched towards SGD 1 million in early 2020, it has been on a continual decline. I expected it to happen with the worsening virus situation however the steep plunge of equities was faster and greater than expected. I am happy to finally see it increase again.

A breakdown of my assets revealed the bulk of numbers in the CPF fortress and I still have enough risk capacity to invest in more risky stocks and Reits. My SRS account is fully vested in strong companies such as OCBC, SATS and Comfortdelgro that are undergoing stress tests at the moment. I particularly favour Reits and though the recent selldown of Reits wiped out huge paper profits off my portfolio, I am slyly happy and relish at the great opprortunity to add on to more Reits. However, I only nibbled abit of Capmall trust and was disappointed to see the quick rebound of Mapletree Industrial Trust, Mapletree Logistics Trust and Parkway Life Reit, which were my other long term targets.

As the virus situation merely peaked and stock market gradually stabilised, I believe there will be one last chance to grab whatever is left on the table before the new economy recovery phase kicks in for a new steady bull run in the new decade. There could be a huge plunge to test new bottoms, slight retracement to a higher bottom or continued rebound in the stock markets. Nonetheless, I am still focused on staying investing in all market conditions.

I am reviewing my potential targets and may just grab Frasers Logistics & Industrial Trust, Mapletree Commercial Trust or even bashed up hospitality Reits such as Ascott Trust or CDLHTrust. I hope to make a comeback stronger than before after this crisis. In pursuit of my first million dollars. For financial freedom. For passive income. Pure freedom.

WFH does help to reduce my expenditure or cash outflow. I have saved from transport fare, lunch and tea breaks. I also have more time to sleep and enjoy more me time than ever. This is at the expense of freedom. Being literally at home almost 99% of my time makes me sometimes feel trapped in my own space but overall, the experience and benefits are great for me. I am trying to enjoy the moment of working semi-naked on bed and secretly hoping that mankind slowly conquer the virus so that life will resume close to normal in 2H 2020. The coffeshops and malls crowded wih people again. Getting to squeeze into the crowded city life. The borders start to open up and we can get to travel again soon.

I wish everyone the best of health. Stay safe, remain at home, be peaceful and enjoy the solitude! Thanks for reading.

With Love & Peace,
Qiongster

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your portfolio is really impressive! i am nowhere near you despite i am of the same age as you. Kudos to you

Qiongster said...

It takes me a lot of sacrifices to reach this state. All the best to you. Stay home and safe!

Jessica Carter said...

Yes you are right salt bae net worth 2020 is estimated to be around $50 million dollars. I was also amazed to see this.