Sunday, September 17, 2023

Largest S-Reit Sponsored my Seoul Holiday!

 


I have been busy packing my luggage and settling work and personal admin matters before jetting off to Seoul for a getaway tomorrow morning.

I am delighted to realise that $954 of dividends have been credited to my bank account by CICT, the largest shopping mall and commercial Reit in Singapore.

These dividends help to cover this budget trip with flight and accomodation all in at $870 for 2 pax only, which was only booked just 3 weeks ago. The flight to Seoul was on Tway and return flight is on Scoot for below $280 only. Accomodation is a $60/night minimalist, no frills 2 star hotel.

Income investing has been at the core of my long-term investing philosophy.

While investing in Reits is a slow and steady race that comes with moderate degree of risks, I still prefer the concept of building up free personal, passive cash flows from income producing assets. Only owning profitable businesses or rental properties can achieve such positive cashflows consistently. Reits give us the short-cut to indirectly own properties without managing them actively.

I do agree that growth investing may be more rewarding in the long-term due to extrapolative  compounding effect, experiencing months and years of volatility or even paper losses without receiving any dividends is not morale boosting. This is learn from my personal experience investing in growth tech stocks such as Microsoft and Alphabet. 

I plan to continue building up my investments on all fronts, accumulating more high quality S-Reits, local bank stocks and low-risk government savings bonds or T-bills.

I will continue living frugally, save up, invest in any bear or bull market conditions, look forward to collecting more dividends in my slow and steady journey towards financial freedom.

Occasionally, I will like to experience freedom and living life by budget travelling.

Thanks for reading. Stay focused and remain steadfast as always! Huat ah!

With love and peace, 
Qiongster

No comments: