Saturday, June 18, 2022

Net Worth Update June 2022

  

S$1.27m

It is time for another monthly net worth update.

Having collected my June 2022 salary, May 2022 CPF contributions and more dividends from my SGX income portfolio, I paid off all my credit card liabilities, bills and income tax.

My net worth increases to $1.27m.

I have completed SRS contribution of $15.3k, $8k RSTU of CPF SA account and $8k RSTU of my mum's CPF RA account for 2022.

I have subscribed to Astrea 7 PE Class A-1 bond through IPO and was allocated $9k.

In the US stock market, I continue to increase my investments in growth businesses such as Alphabet Inc., and Palantir, while also monitoring other tech companies such as Microsoft, Amazon Inc. and banks such as Citigroup and Bank of America. 

On the local SGX front, I remain on the lookout for the out-of-favour high quality Frasers and Mapletree Reits and ready to pounce on them to increase my investments for more dividends in future.

I have also witnessed the crash of crypto currencies and have written off around $500 of my exposure to Crypto in Cronos tokens from staking in Crypto.com and some other altcoins like Cardano, Nano and Holo.

The next half of this year 2022 remains challenging and unpredictable. Immense inflation has triggered the Fed to raise interest rates by 0.75%. Global supply chain crunch, rising oil prices and the Ukraine war have caused the prices of food and necessities to surge. The stock markets have entered bear territories can seem more likely to tank further than rebound strongly.

In such monetary environment, Cash is King! We should demand higher yields from banks, bonds, Reits and be more prudent with spending our monies.

Life is returning back to normalcy with resumption of physical meetings and events. Travelling has also resumed back to pre-pandemic days with more countries reopening their border. 

Life is still great. Ignore the noises. Stay focused. Remain on track. Be greedy when others are fearful. We will get to our goals and dreams eventually.

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and remain strong always!

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: