Saturday, May 30, 2020

Portfolio Update May 2020 - Seeing light at end of tunnel?

Portfolio value increases $11.5k from last month to $187k.

This includes capital injection of May's income to nibble UOB.

Reits have continued their recovery after the government announced more details about the phased reopening of Singapore's economy after the Circuit Breaker ends on 1 Jun and dangle the possibility of full reopening as early as end Jun.

Losers like Sembcorp Industries and Starhub continued to fare badly after being kicked out of MSCI index and 25.7% drop in Q1 profit respectively.


SRS portfolio value dips to $64k from $69.6k.

Vested for the ultra long term, I am not worried about the short term volatility as I believe investing in these income producing businesses will continue to yield dividend income while relieving me from paying taxes.
Throughout the crisis, I have stuck to my own game plan of staying vested in the markets, adding to positions and recycling capital when necessary for better opportunities. My last 2 purchases were Frasers L&C Trust and UOB, which were still undervalued intrinsically and I believe they have room for capital appreciation as well as yielding growing dividend income for the long term.

I have depleted my primary war chest and can only inject income from monthly salary into new investment. I have no intention to activate my secondary war chests unless the markets drop more than 40% from the peak to hit new lows. The boat may be over as we see reopening of economies and gradual resumption of businesses. The boat could also come back if economy worsens and new waves of infections surface. I am happy with recovery of the markets as my net worth will continue increase. If the stock market plunged again, I am happy too as I can add to existing positions at discounted prices.

I am looking forward to the end of Circuit Breaker and the future that lies ahead because I believe we will come back stronger and everything will be better!

Thanks for Reading!

Love & Peace,
Qiongster



1 comment:

Phani Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.