Saturday, July 18, 2020

Net Worth in Jul 2020 Inching towards SGD 1 million




My net worth increases $5k to $945.5k from Jun 2020, inching towards SGD 1 million.

More than half of my net worth (55%) is illiquid in CPF, SRS accounts and Insurance plans. Hence, I target to build up the percentage of my liquid net worth in cash and stocks.

The component of stocks (Equity & Reits) - 21% is almost on par with my Cash -19%. A short term target is to boost them to 25%.

I am fortunate to have a job immune from Covid-19 to allow me continue farming the monthly cashflows and CPF contributions.

My primary warchest in the Phillips POEMS money money fund is depleted. Funds in SRS account are fully invested. Recent actions:
Nibbled Frasers Centrepoint Trust
Bought Mapletree NAC Trust

Secondary warchests of $230k idling in Fixed Deposits and Savings Bonds will be activated only if market crashed again to attractive levels at STI below 2200 or S&P 500 below 2000.

As a late bloomer, having no liabilities such as car loan or housing mortgage allow me to continue  living frugally, conserving ammunition in war chests while staying invested to collect dividends and sleeping soundly in peace.

The coming months and years will be challenging for many people, companies and countries. Facing huge erosions of bottom lines and great operational impact due to the health crisis, it is difficult to survive in the new normal world. Inevitably, more companies will go bust and many more people losing jobs. The economic recovery, if it has not even started, will be long, gradual and uneven.

I am optimistic on the future yet also mentally prepared for the worst that could happen.

Stay on course, play safe and have no fear.

Thanks for reading.

With Love & Peace,
Qiongster

4 comments:

Cory said...

Well on your Journey. It will awesome for you if the market crashes again near term.

Qiongster said...

Thanks Cory. I have been reading your blog. Very inspirational and motivating!

Anonymous said...

Think you are under invested in equities.

Qiongster said...

Yes I agree. Thanks for highlighting