Friday, July 31, 2020

Portfolio Update July 2020

Portfolio value decreases to $183k due to declines in retail Reits and hospitality related counters and sales of 2 counters. 

Sold 3,000 shares of Mapletree Industrial Trust at $3.20 for 17% gains in 1 month.
Sold 1,500 shares of Frasers Centrepoint Trust at $2.39 for 3.5% gain in 2 weeks.

I feel that MIT is fairly valued and technically may retrace for re-entry opportunity but it shoots up higher instead. It is my price to pay for timing the market.

I am using my daily expenses to nibble FCT so as it remains weak and the next dividend will be paid only 3 months later, I decided to take back my rice money.
 
War chest is at $13k.


SRS portfolio declines to $68k.


The local stock market remains weak and sluggish as the pandemic rages on. Local blue chips have lost their moat, cutting edge and earning power. Undervalued bank counters have lost their shine as income generating assets due to MAS' guideline to cap their dividend payout to 60% of 2019 levels. Strong resilient Reits are overpriced while hospitality and retail Reits are battered and lacks catalyst to recover. 

I will remain on the sidelines while continuing to build up war chest to ride on any good opportunities that present themselves.

Stay safe and thanks for reading.

With love & peace,
Qiongster 

No comments: