Wednesday, January 01, 2020

New Year 2020: My Resolutions for a Fresh Journey of Life

Happy New Year to All!

Ushering in the new decade from 2020, I am entering a new journey of my life and continue to focus on achieving financial freedom. I will continue living a simple, down-to-earth but rich and fulfilling lifestyle. I have catagorized my new year resolutions.

Health
  • Health is the most important essence of life. We cannot neglect it. We are what we eat so I hope to eat more healthy and balanced meals comprising of 2 fruits and 2 vegetables servings everyday
  • Limit fastfood to at most twice a month. I will also cut down intake of meat and increase vegan diets.
  • Sleep at least 7 hours on working weekdays and 8 hours on weekends and holidays
Fitness
  • Reduce or maintain my body mass to at most 65kg.
  • Do 20 pushups and 1 min plank everyday
  • Train up and pass IPPT with incentive.
Wealth
  • Boost net worth of SGD 950k by 31 Dec 2020. Current net worth is around SGD 870k.
  • Build up and grow my income portfolio of stocks for passive income of 12k a year, 1k monthly. Current passive income from stocks is around 10k a year. 
  • Top up 7k to CPF SA, mum's CPF RA and 15.3K to SRS to maximise tax reliefs

Relationships
  • Treat family members and girlfriend well and let them happy
  • Treat colleagues and bosses with respect and maintain good working relationship

Mental
  • Rest and chillax during free time, minimise undertaking of stress
  • Read a book every quarter so 4 books a year
  • And not forgetting this blog by updating here once weekly of course
  • Travel to 3 countries for soul enriching experiences. Looking at Bangkok, Vietnam, Taiwan or Korea

Career
  • Clear all tasks, projects and assignments efficiently by clearing my to-do list efficiently. Drop the "do-tomorrow" mindset
  • Improve technical competency and knowledge to facilitate the switch to any new job
  • Hopefully once I am able to attain financial freedom in 5 years time, career will not matter to me anymore

What do you think of my new year resolutions? Hope you have come up with yours too!

With Love & Peace,
Qiongster

No comments: