Thursday, January 02, 2020

First Purchase of 2020 - Ascott Reit-BT

On the first trading day of 2020, I was "forced" or rather "enticed" to make the first purchase of the year. It is a very small top up for the largest hospitality trust in Asia Pacific - Ascott Trust!

After Capitaland merged both Ascott Reit and Ascendas Hospitality Trust, Ascott will acquire all A-HTrust units for S$1.0868 per unit, comprising S$0.0543 in cash and 0.7942 Ascott REIT-BT units issued at a price of S$1.30.

My 9000 shares of Ascendas HTrust was converted to 7147 shares of Ascott Trust at the ratio of 0.7942 and compensated with $488.70 in cash on 31 Dec 19.

Then the good news came from the Ascendas HTrust managers. Free Brokerage for odd lots trading in the New Ascott Trust from 2 Jan 2020 to 31 Jan 2020.



I placed my order for 53 shares in the morning and then got it partially filled at 1.32. So before the market closed, I withdrawn the leftover and buy straight at 1.34. I would have 7200 shares of Ascott Trust. Not a nice number but in future I will need to make another purchase of X800 to round it up further.


If you happen to own odd lots of Ascott Trust after the merger, do remember to buy or sell some (<=99 shares) at free commission till 31 Jan 2020 using OCBC Securities or Phillips Securities. Sit back and reap the dividends from the hotels and serviced apartments all around the world! Huat ah!

With Love & Peace,
Qiongster


1 comment:

Jac Loh 羅絲榅 said...

Thanks for this post! U really help cleared up my doubts on the merger! I was wondering if u earned money in the end from the merger?