Thursday, June 17, 2021

Net Worth Update Jun 2021 - Breach SGD 1.1m!

My net worth grows a whopping $20k from May 2021 to surpass S$1.1m now!

The increase is attributed to the latest Jun 2021's salary, 2Q dividends, CPF contributions and capital paper gains from stock portfolio.

I have also used $3.2k of dividends collected to build up a new small US growth portfolio which has since grew to almost $3.8k since the account was opened a few weeks ago. The cheat to such fast gains was having collected a free share of Apple and some free shares of Twitter from Moo Moo. For those of you interested in a low cost, secure and robust trading platform and to get a free Apple share, a free NIO share and possibly free Twitter shares, you may sign up through this referral Link and check out the terms and conditions.  

It is another mini milestone attained because my net worth actually increased by $100k in almost 6 months! This seems a far cry compared to the 27 years of living on earth for me to save up my first $100k.

I have also made a down-payment for my first ever property using CPF OA funds but not yet reflected here as it will take days to be processed. I will create another slice of HDB Equity pie from Jul 2021 onwards. 

Someone commented that I am overinflating my net worth to let myself happy, wasting his time to read my blog. I am tracking both liquid and illiquid assets as my net worth based on my own accounting principle as I believe Insurance endowment plans, CPF balances and HDB property are illiquid valuable assets which could be encashed but take a longer time. Of course, that reader is somewhat true because I am boosting my own confidence to boost my morale in the journey towards financial freedom.

In terms of investments, I am still waiting for the results of Mapletree Industrial Trust's preferential offering. I have no plans to add more shares of local stocks or Reits as I am focusing on investment in US growth stocks and collecting premiums through options. I believe and hope that in the later half of the year, there may more opportunities of preferential offering by local Reits, then I will happily participate to grow my local investments.

$1.1m


Thanks for reading. As always, stay safe and remain calm.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster

4 comments:

kevin said...

HAHA you are free to calculate net worth whichever way you want! This is YOUR blog!

Congrats! :)

James Wong said...

Hahaha Kevin is right! U can calculate however u want this is your blog. With this kind of calculation many millionaires already so don’t be so proud of your achievements yet because it’s really nothing. :) it’s an achievement if you are under 30. Anyway u song can already! CongratS!

Qiongster said...

Thanks for your comments, James. My blog is for documenting and sharing my journey towards freedom, not to brag or show off. I achieved this milestone at mid 30s, with much sacrifices and hope to motivate every reader that it is possible to achieve whatever we strive for.

Qiongster said...

Thanks for reading, Kevin.