Friday, June 04, 2021

Building A New US Portfolio For Free

This is my new growth portfolio consisting of US stocks, 1 week after I opened a MooMoo trading account.


What's amazing is, this portfolio is free! Why is this so? How is it possible?

I funded the account with SGD2,700 to earn a free Apple Inc. (AAPL) share and used the SGD2,700 to buy 10 more AAPL shares and 3 Microsoft shares (MSFT). I received 4 free Twitter (TWTR) shares from referrals. 

This SGD2,700 is entirely funded by dividends from my SGX portfolio. Hence, I did not fork out any real money for this new portfolio.

I always believe that there is no best time to start investing. Time in the market beats timing the market. By planting seeds now for investment, the fruits will bear in the future for us to have more seeds to plant and in the long-term, we will have an orchard of trees.

For those of you interested to trade or invest in US stocks using a low cost brokerage platform, here is the referral link to MooMoo. The condition to get the free Apple share is tougher now as 5 trades are required after topping up the newly registered account with SGD2,700.

Thanks for reading. As always, stay strong and remain safe!

With love & peace,
Qiongster



2 comments:

turtle investor said...

The ease of investing that these platforms provide is the main catalyst for the growth! I don't use them but I appreciate what they bring to the table ;)

The referrals earnings are insane good!!

Qiongster said...

I hesitated for a long time before taking the plunge into using such plaforms because I do not like custodian accounts nor familiar with highly volatile US stocks. But I think it is time to start owning some familiar businesses providing serivses that we use in daily lives without ourselves realising. Apple, alphabet, Unilever, Microsoft are some examples.