Monday, August 05, 2024

Added DBS to SRS Ultra Long-term Portfolio

  

After selling ST Engineering in July, more than $20k of funds are idling in my SRS account.

I have become like a predator in wildlife camping for my next prey. Today, I witnessed the share price of DBS (SGX:D05) plummet by more than $2 or 6% on immense fears of global economic recession. I pounced on this opportunity by nibbling DBS using some idle SRS funds.

In this world, we are constantly bombarded by fearful news, speculative advices and noises to evoke the fear or greed within us, tempting us to make irrational decisions, driving the volatility in financial markets.

It is crucial that long-term investors like us always remain calm, unwavered and focused on our investment objectives.

I am focused on replacing the loss of passive income from selling ST Engineering in my SRS portfolio. This portfolio recycling move serves to replace the lower yield and high debt ST Engineering with higher yield and cash rich DBS moving forward.

While the share prices of local banks and US tech stocks may continue to tank, we have nothing to fear if we are in the game for the long haul. DBS is due to announce its quarterly results and dividend on 8 Aug.

It is going to be a few more weeks or even months of intense volatility and turmoil in the market. I shall continue to monitor and shall not hesitate should more opportunities unfold.

Thanks for reading.

With love and peace, 
Qiongster


No comments: