Saturday, April 13, 2024

Net Worth Apr 2024 | Hitting S$1.6m

     

My net worth rises 2.3% to S$1.625m after collection of bonuses, salary and the recovery of some Reits in my investment portfolio.

My CPF surpasses $600k milestone and constitutes the bulk 37% of my net worth. Full retirement sum (FRS) is achieved in 2022.

Cash and war chest form 17% of my wealth. My cash is locked up in bank fixed deposits yielding more than 3% p.a., and stashed away in Fullerton cash funds under custody of Moomoo and Tiger Broker yielding more than 3.5% p.a. with interest paid daily.

My bonds consist of Singapore Savings Bonds ($140k) and Astrea 7A PE bond ($9k) which are low-risk bonds contributing to 9% of my wealth. I plan to subscribe the May 24 tranche of SSB with average yield of 3.06% using war chest funds.

CPF, cash and war chest, and bonds amount to 63% of my net worth as relatively safe assets. 

SRS account accounts for just 8% of my wealth. I have already completed the $15.3k contribution limit for 2024. 

Currently, 23% of my net worth is in stocks and Reits. This, combined with the local holdings in SRS, brings my exposure to riskier assets up to 31%.

Tracking net worth is not about the numbers. It is about seeing where our past financial decisions lead us to. This update is a reminder that progress on this financial journey, however big or small, is worth celebrating. It fuels the fire and motivation to keep grinding towards the financial freedom goal. The journey continues and I am excited to see what the future holds. Stay tuned!

Thank you for reading.

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: