Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Lost My Freedom on Earth


With more vaccinated travel lanes (VTLs) opening up, travelling overseas has become a realistic possibility sooner than later. 

Besides checking the flight fares to VTL destinations, I checked my passport and realised that it has expired today.

So I am unable to book any flight until I get my passport sorted out.

In the past, validity of Singapore passports was 5 years. However passport applications from 1 Oct 2021 onwards will have a validity of 10 years and we no longer have to pay additional collection fees to collect new passports from Singpost. 

The Singapore passport is tied with Japanese passport as most powerful on earth, allowing citizens the freedom to travel to 192 countries in the world visa free.

I hope to be able to board a plane to travel overseas again at least in 2023 and hopefully if things turn out well next year when I will clear leave.

It is evident that many countries in the world suffered economically from shutdowns and lockdowns due to the pandemic and have begun to relax border restrictions to facilitate travelling through simplified quarantine free and testing procedures. It is about time that we look beyond our shores and plan how to fully utilise our freedom on earth. 

Thanks for reading. As always, stay safe and remain strong.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster


No comments: