Saturday, May 15, 2021

Net Worth Update May 2021

My net worth inches up $8k from Apr 2021 to $1.08m.

This is after receiving the leave encashment monies from previous organization and 2 months of salary from new organization. This 5 figure sum comes handy to boost my war chest at the right time as the local stock market has corrected after the government announced measure akin to Circuit Breaker 1.5 to curb the spread of the virus in the community.

My stock portfolio has shed a value of $16k in this week alone. History repeating itself? Let us not be distracted or disturbed by the noises and the fearful coming from the media again. Stay focused, stick to our own plan and work on our own financial goals.

While feeling regretful sometimes that I did not take the profits off the table, I am feeling happy that stock prices have corrected and I am on the lookout for bargain buys of high quality income-producing Reits again. The likes of Mapletree, Frasers, Keppel, Ascendas and Capitaland Reits are coming back into my radar. 

I have always been mentally prepared that the health pandemic situation will worsen globally and locally. I believe that any travel plans or pre-pandemic lifestyle will be put on hold till at least 2 to 4 more years. My long-term plan has always been to steadily and slowly build up my investment portfolio to generate passive income and I will continue to do so regardless of bull or bear market conditions. Meanwhile, continually to learn and contribute at work, grinding for the next pay check is for earning the next bullets for future investments, making small steps towards financial freedom.

$1.08m

Thanks for reading. As always, stay safe and remain calm.

With love & peace, 
Qiongster


2 comments:

swardjojo said...

Happy to see you progress well on your journey to financial freedom๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ what app do you use to do your investment?

Qiongster said...

Hi swardjojo, thanks for reading my blog. I mainly use POEMS from Phillips Capital for my investments.

With love & peace,
Qiongster