Saturday, March 16, 2024

Net Worth Update Mar 2024

    

S$1.587m


My net worth stagnates at S$1.587m as my Reits-heavy investment portfolios took a beating due to market expectation of prolonged high interest rate environment.

CPF still forms the bulk 37% of my net worth. I have already achieved full retirement sum (FRS) in CPF SA.

Cash and war chest constitute 16% of my wealth. My cash is being stashed away in bank fixed deposits yielding more than 3% p.a., in Fullerton cash funds under custody of Moomoo and Tiger Broker, and in Money Market Funds held by Phillips Capital yielding more than 3.5% p.a. with interest paid daily.

My bonds consist of Singapore Savings Bonds ($140k) and Astrea 7A PE bond ($9k) which are low-risk bonds contributing to 10% of my wealth. 

CPF, cash and war chest, and bonds amount to 63% of my net worth as relatively safe assets. 

In recent weeks, I have completed the $15.3k annual contribution limit to my SRS account which forms 8% of my wealth. I plan to subscribe to the coming Apr 24 tranche of SSB with average yield of 3.04% using my SRS idle funds. 

Currently, 23% of my net worth is in stocks and Reits. This, combined with the local holdings in SRS, brings my exposure to riskier assets up to 31%. For the sake of diversification and reducing portfolio risk, I am happy to increase exposure to risk-free SSB in my SRS portfolio.

I resolve to remain steadfast on the track towards financial freedom, remaining disciplined and focused. I will not let the noises and distractions influence my decisions. As Warren Buffett said, 'Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.' By staying content with my long-term plan, I won't be swayed by emotional decisions.

Thank you for reading.

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: