Thursday, February 01, 2024

My early $200 Ang Bao


I earned an early ang bao from Mindef by taking an Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) today.

For Singapore guys, IPPT is an annual national service (NS) liability for those who are certified fit and have not completed the 10 operationally ready cycles after completing full time NS.

I am surprised to be able to do 31 standard push ups and 38 sit ups, clocking 40 points out of 50 in my age group for young uncles between 37 to 39.

I then need to run under 15 mins for 2.4km to earn 21 points to achieve at least 61 points in total to qualify for a $200 incentive.

The weather was good with cool breeze during sunset today. Track conditions was dry and perfect too. 

I managed to drag my weak legs wrapped in a pair of tattered decade-old Nike shoes for 14:29 mins from the 2.4km run to pass with 65 points for $200 incentive!


Fitness is Wealth.

This shall be one of my last few attempts to take fitness tests in life.

This achievement will motivate me to exercise more this year. 

Wishing everyone good fitness and wealth in the upcoming Dragon Year.

Thanks for reading.

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: