Saturday, February 27, 2021

Portfolio Update Feb 2021

My portfolio value slides down from $246k in Jan 2021 to $240k at the end of Feb 2021.

This is due to a correction or healthy pullback in the stock market due to inflation worries and institutional funds shifting their big monies from equities to bonds after the rise in risk free rates of treasury bills and bonds, which are considered safe havens.

Looking back at my portfolio a year ago in Feb 2020, the value was only $186k. Hence I believe there is decent progress in building up the investment through steady and consistency injections of capital. The recent pullback is another opportunity to add shares for long term investment, especially the likes of Mapletree Industrial Trust and Mapletree Logistics Trust and I am contemplating doing so.

Portfolio Actions

Nil as I have not buy nor sell anything in 2021

Portfolio Dividends

1. Received $158.88 from Ascott Reit on 26 Feb

2. Received $113.05 from Suntec Reit on 26 Feb

I topped up my SRS account with "free" $300 contributed by the above dividends and IPT allowances from SAF.



My Ultra Long-Term SRS portfolio remains fairly stagnant at $85k from $84k last month. OCBC is the top performer after announcing its latest Q4 earnings which beat expectations and a dividend of 15.9 cents. ST Engineering expectedly will be paying a 10 cent dividend and Comfortdelgro which is heavily impacted by the health pandemic also managed to announce a payment of 1.43 cents which is better than nothing. Generally I am happy with these 5 counters in the portfolio and confident to rely on them for consistent passive income for the next few decades.

Thanks for reading. Stay strong and be safe!

With love & peace,
Qiongster

No comments: