Saturday, March 14, 2020

Get paid to Exercise? Is it passive income?

I attended the IPPT preparatory Training (IPT) today at Khatib Camp.

I will be paid more than $20 by SAF for 1 hour of exercise.

IPT and IPPT sessions are suspended in Feb in view of the worsening coronavirus situation. I am happy that I can get paid to exercise again.


As a Singaporean son, besides serving 2 years of National Service, one has still got to serve 7 rounds of high key In-Camp Training as an NSman before completion of all NS liabilities.

As many does not know, besides the IPPT monetary awards for passing or excelling in the fitness test. Nowadays all sessions of remedial trainings (RT), 3 sessions of IPPT and IPT sessions are paid with allowances based on the NSman's military rank. It is no longer a punishment or a waste of time to go RT if we reframe our mindsets.

The only downside is that National Service allowance is taxable. From IRAS perspective, it is earned income and not passive income.

I feel that this is one way to earn back the taxes we paid to the government, as well as to keep fit by exercising.

I hope to be able to continue enjoy getting paid to exercise for a couple more years before I complete my NSman liabilities.

Live Rich Life Free! Thanks for reading.

With Love & Peace,
Qiongster

No comments: