Friday, February 28, 2020

Portfolio Update Feb 2020 - BLOODSHED Edition



My portfolio value plunged by $10.5k or 5.3% from $196.5k on 31 Jan to $186k on 28 Feb 2020. This correction was kind of expected due to the great impact of Covid-19 on the worldwide economies and businesses but as this is a long term income portfolio for financial freedom, I have no fear and should not worry about short term volatilities. I believe that this correction in the stock markets presents ample opportunities to add on quality businesses and Reits. In a recession, cash is king and as cheaper properties, cars and other assets will on offer.

No purchases or sales were made to this portfolio in CDP. However, I have sold Frasers Commercial Trust and bought ComfortDelGro in my SRS portfolio, which turns out to be at a wrong timing but no regrets and it is already history. I get to invest in the land transport business i.e bus, mrt and taxi over the long run as CDG is still the world's second largest transport company that owns 75% of SBS Transit, MRT Northeast Line, has a cashcow subsidiary Vicon and numerous global operations. Giving a decent 4% yield, I think the rewards are more than the risk in the long run. 

I have opted for scrip dividend scheme for Aims Apac Reit so in Mar there should be a few hundred shares to be credited in together with dividends from Ascendas Reit. 

The dividends from Reits have started to stream in this month. They will go back to my Poems Money Market Fund and SRS account to build up my ammunition for next investments.


$108.00 Ascott Trust - Ascendas HTrust (10 Feb)
$203.50 Mapletree Com (26 Feb) 
$386.00 Cap Com (28 Feb)
$155.50 Cap Mall (28 Feb)
$117.35 Suntec Reit (28 Feb)
$168.26 Frasers Com (28 Feb) SRS
$144.91 Keppel Reit (28 Feb) SRS

In Mar 2020, I hope to add SATS at below $4.10 and OCBC at around $10.70 to the SRS portfolio and it will be status quo for this portfolio in CDP. Despite feeling sad seeing the portfolio value plummeting, actually I like to see bloodshed in the stock markets as we can add on to our investments great bargains by dollar cost averaging. This is only the beginning of the bear ride. It is not for the faint hearted and irrational folks. I will stick to my game plan of slowly and steadily building an income portfolio for financial freedom.

No fear no greed! Thanks for reading! 

With Love & Peace,
Qiongster

No comments: